Friday, February 3, 2023

Coloring Day 1

 It's official! It's day one of my adult coloring hyperfixation. Well, it's day one of having actual supplies to pursue this particular hyperfixation, but don't worry, I have already spent plenty of time watching YouTube videos about coloring while I waited for my supplies to arrive. 

When I first decided to give adult coloring books a try, I first turned to Amazon, where I typed in something like "adult coloring books" to see what I could find that intrigued me. The first coloring books that caught my attention were two by the same artist, Karen Sue Chen. 


I was immediately drawn to the images in both of these books and it seemed like an obvious first choice. I think I found Enchanted first and from there was led to Secret Worlds. I love them both so, Karen Sue Chen, if you're reading this, I love your work.

Without giving it much more thought, I went ahead and ordered both of them, and found some dual-tip markers that seemed to be affordable but decent (according to the reviews) to add to the order. 

Now this was before I did any sort of research on the hobby, so did place another order shortly after this, but since this was the first wave I ordered, it's the first stuff that got here, so these two books with dual-tip markers is where my journey begins. 

I obviously opened up the books first and flipped through them to pick the perfect first page. I landed on one from Secret Worlds. Then I opened up the markers, and got to work! Here is how that turned out.


Delightful. I'm delighted. It was a delight to make and I'm delighted to have this one page completed. Delightful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment