Monday, February 6, 2023

Coloring Update #3

 I know I started tracking days but I honestly lost track of the days so we're doing it this way now.

And WOW have I done a lot of coloring since the last time I posted. I won't post all the photos but I want to discuss two different "categories" of images that I colored in the past few days. 

The first is something I've found very satisfying to do, which is using this website to find a random color palette, and then choosing an image to color using only those colors. I'll pick out two-ish pencils per color on the palette and then only use those pencils for the entire page. 

Here are a couple of those: 

Mein Frühlingsspaziergang by Rita Berman
Color Palette #213 (colorpalettes.net)
Nice Little Town by Tatiana Bogema (Stolova)
Color Palette #17 (colorpalettes.net)


The fun thing about that strategy is that it saves me the trouble of having to choose my own colors, plus the color palette is already for sure going to look good because that's how color palettes are designed. 

The other two pages I wanted to share are the two big pages I colored. These are from the books Mythographic: Animals by Joseph Catimbang and Beauty of Horror by Alan Robert. I bet you can guess which one is from which book. 



These were both very exciting accomplishments because looking at blank images as big as that zombie one is or as detailed as the frog one is, was extremely intimidating and I wasn't sure I was going to have the patience to finish something like that, but once I got started and the images started to come to life, it really wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. 

So there you have it, my latest coloring update featuring a few of my favorite completed pages from the past few days. I can't wait to see what's next! 




No comments:

Post a Comment