Thursday, June 20, 2019

Goosebumps book 12: Be Careful What You Wish For... - It might come true.

Brief Summary: 

Samantha Byrd is really tall but also bad at basketball and gets made fun of a lot. Then, she meets a mysterious woman in the forest who grants Samantha three wishes. What could go wrong, am I right?

Spoilers and Review:


Honestly I didn't particularly care for this book. The "genie granting three wishes and it doesn't go as planned" trope doesn't do it for me. But I do love Clarissa "the Crystal Woman". I aspire to be not just a crystal woman but the Crystal Woman. 

I mean it obviously had its moments, I definitely want to know more about the friend how always gets grilled cheese packed in his lunch even though he hates it and bonus points for being a basketball story. I also liked the part when Judith accused Sam of being a witch, it appealed to me. 

And then the main character got turned into a bird in the end which was pretty funny. The TV episode on the other hand has an entirely different ending for some reason but I can't say that I have a preference between the two options really.

I think that's all I have to say about this one. It didn't do it for me.



The Rating: 

I mean I still liked it more than The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb but definitely pretty low on the list. 
  1. Welcome to Camp Nightmare (#9)
  2. Night of the Living Dummy (#7)
  3. Stay Out of the Basement (#2)
  4. The Haunted Mask (#11)
  5. The Girl Who Cried Monster (#8)
  6. Welcome to Dead House (#1)
  7. Say Cheese and Die! (#4)
  8. Let's Get Invisible! (#6)
  9. The Ghost Next Door (#10)
  10. Monster Blood (#3)
  11. Be Careful What You Wish For... (12)
  12. The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (#5)

Next is Piano Lessons Can Be Murder which is one I've been looking forward to for sure. I'm intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment