Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Goosebumps book 6: Let's Get Invisible! - Now you see him. Now you don't.

First of all, I have decided I'm too lazy to write such in-depth reviews of each book, so instead I will be doing a brief summary and review and obviously rating because I love to rate things.

Brief Summary: 

Max and three of his friends and also his brother find a mysterious mirror in the attic that can turn them invisible! But what starts as fun and games quickly becomes something darker. The longer they stay invisible, the longer it takes for them to turn back, and some of them are starting to act a bit weird...

Spoilers and Review:


I'll just jump right into this one, I'm a little bit conflicted because I LOVED the concept but felt that the content was lacking, even for a Goosebumps book. Basically the idea was that going invisible gave their reflections the opportunity to take their place in the human world, which is SO COOL, but instead of focusing on all the cool stuff like the mirror-world alternate dimension and like all the funny things they could've done while they were invisible, instead they just played a crazy game of chicken for the entire book to see who could stay invisible the longest without even leaving the attic. If they're not going to explore the mirror-world, the least they could do is play a few pranks on someone. 

Also these were my least favorite and the most boring characters so far in all six books I've read so far, probably followed by the Say Cheese and Die! ones. It's definitely either because both of those books have so many characters or because of the exclamation point in the title, who can say? 

10/10 because it's so cool.


The Rating: 

Like I said, I'm conflicted with this one because it's probably one of my top concepts so far but it did not reach it's full potential by any means. I think I'm going to put it at #3, it just feels right.

1. Stay Out of the Basement
2. Say Cheese and Die!
3. Let's Get Invisible!
4. Monster Blood
5. Welcome to Dead House
6. The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb

The next book is probably one of the ones I remember the best from childhood, Night of the Living Dummy. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment